Absolutely! Both desktop and Android versions work with VPN services.
We've tested about 10 different ones, but the one we recommend is ExpressVPN for both desktop and mobile FrostWire versions.
Here are the reasons:
- No logging - the most anonymous VPN Service we know about
- Really easy to use (we like easy!)- install, then one click.
- Solid infrastructure: worldwide coverage with 78 countries, massive network with 1000+ VPN servers
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switches
- Available for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac and you can use it on one desktop and one mobile device at the same time
- 24/7 Support by online Live Chat (yes, we tried! they are there at 4am!)
- Pay your fees in bitcoin (we like cryptocurrencies!), paypal, credit cards and more - pretty much however you want!
- 30 Day Risk Free - they will really refund your money within 30 days if you don’t like it. No questions asked.
How to use a VPN with FrostWire?
Just open the VPN software, start the connection and you are done. Open FrostWire, search, download, play and share - all should should work seamlessly.
If you've tested one we haven't and have some special instructions to follow to make it work perfectly with FrostWire, send us a support request with an info and we will create a post with instructions :)
Note: If you need something cheaper, Private Internet Access will do the job too :)
What else you can do with VPN service?
- connect securely from public Wi-Fi spots (super important if you are banking or transmitting sensitive information)
- use video streaming services not available in your country
- when traveling, use your home country's video streaming services without restrictions (this applies to any website!)
- hide your IP - no website or internet service, not even your Internet Service Provider, will know where you are really connecting from and will not be able to track you