FrostWire is a software that downloads files directly to your device. Each device runs an app and since there are no accounts within FrostWire, there is no way to sync the files or settings between devices with FrostWire.
Since FrostWire does not host any content or user data, all your downloads are saved directly to your device - to the Internal Memory or SD card on Android or at the 'Default Save Folder' path on desktop.
If you want to transfer your files from one device into another just follow these steps:
If the file(s) is(are) saved on your Android:
- Go to FrostWire main menu Settings > Storage Location and check the path where you save your downloads.
- Locate your download(s) using a File Explorer to move files from the 'Storage Location' path. Files saved at the Internal Memory of your phone will be located within a folder named 'FrostWire'. (NOTE: If your android device is older than 5.x series and you saved your downloads within an SD card you can find them where the phone generally makes FrostWire save the files at: Android/data/com.frostwire.android/files)
- Move the files you want into your PC or another android device using a USB, Bluetooth or any other options you may have depending on the model of your devices.
- If you moved the files into a PC FrostWire on desktop won't read your Media files within the Library unless you add the new folder where you placed the files on your PC. Just follow these steps to add the new folder into FrostWire desktop Library too: How to add folders to FrostWire Library on desktop
If the file(s) is(are) placed on your PC/Laptop:
- Go to FrostWire main menu Tools > Options > BitTorrent and check the path where you save your downloads "Default Save Folder".
- Locate your download(s) using a File Explorer to move files from the 'Default Save Folder' path.
- Move the files you want into your Android or another device using a USB, Bluetooth or any other options you may have depending on the model of your devices. FrostWire for Android will read your Media files on your Android anyway so you can access to them on the FrostWire Plus Library.