FrostWire for Android has 2 versions: Plus and Basic. The Plus version has all the functionality of the Basic one + ability to download and preview files from YouTube and SoundCloud.
1. Allow Apps from outside Google Play: Tap on Settings -> Security -> Device Administration or Privacy check the box next to 'Unknown Sources' then go back and continue with the installation.
2. GO TO http://www.frostwire.com/android with Firefox Browser
(any browser other then Chrome will work fine)
3. Download the FrostWire PLUS .apk
4. Tap on the .apk file from notifications after the download is complete or find it using any File Explorer (we like File Commander) - it's usually in the Downloads folder
5. Follow prompts in installer.
NOTICE: IF YOU UPDATE YOUR FROSTWIRE, NO BACK UPS ARE NECESSARY
IF YOU UNINSTALL THE VERSION YOU HAVE TO THEN DO A FRESH INSTALLATION, YOU HAVE TO BACK UP ALL YOUR SD CARD DOWNLOADS OR THEY WILL BE DELETED BY ANDROID (Learn More)
Google Chrome does not open .apks
We recommend you download the FrostWire Plus apk using Firefox, as the built-in Chrome web browser will only download the installer, but it will refuse to open it (a way for Google to force people to use the Play Store for installing apps)