FrostWire installer downloaded directly from our website (www.frostwire.com) or via automatic update doesn't contain any trojans/viruses.
When for some reason your antivirus flags FrostWire, here are the steps you can follow to allow your Antivirus let FrostWire run. We have done the step by step tutorials for AVG and Webroot, but the steps necessary should be similar for any antivirus on the market.
Follow these steps to tell Norton you want to allow FrostWire installation if you are on a Mac PC:
Allow FrostWire on Mac
If you have a Windows PC check this article the section 'Exclude files or folders from scan' under 'What to do after you submit a false positive'. Just apply this when installing FrostWire, you don't have to report a 'false positive' since this will take more time to solve the issue, only in case the exception option doesn't work:
Allow FrostWire on Windows
1. Download FrostWire installer from FrostWire.com and once AVG launch an alert when trying to install FrostWire select the option to "Allow" the app.
You must see the following screen saying the file has been successfully added to the exception list:
2. If you get more than one alert when trying to install FrostWire then a list of files could be displayed as follow:
To add these files into the list of exceptions you must check the address where the file is saved by selecting the file with the red "x" symbol and clicking on "View details"
3. Adding more exceptions: Now that you have the route where the file is saved go to the right top Options menu on the main screen of AVG
Once there go to Advanced settings... > Exceptions > Add exception and select the exception type Application or File so you will be able to browse your file and add the address where the file is located
The files added within the AVG exceptions shouldn't block the installation of your app again.
- Click on Start > My Computer.
- On that window click on Tools > Folder Options...
- Then, click on the View tab at the top of the window.
- Under Advanced Settings, locate Hidden files and folders. Select Show hidden files and folders just below that.
- Click on OK.
- Hidden files will now be shown.
If your antivirus is marking FrostWire as Trojan, the steps to allow it are the same.